[Artemisia] Spring Feast reminders!

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Tue Mar 16 18:26:00 CDT 2010

Greetings, everyone, from the (temporarily) pleasantly sunny valley of Sentinels' Keep!

(Maire puts on her first hat.)

Speaking as the Coordinator for the Arts and Sciences Competition, which is part of this annual event, I have not (to date) received notice from anyone that they wish to go for baronial A&S Champion.  If you're thinking along those lines, please remember to notify me, soonest!  The competition is open to everyone, but to compete for champion, you must be a resident of the state of Montana.

I have also not received any writing entries (deadline for those was the 13th), so at this point, I'm going to assume that there aren't any.

I'm sure I'll be looking for judges this Saturday, but right now, since I've heard nothing from potential entrants, I'm not sure who I should be bribing....If you can, please consider helping in this way, if asked? pretty please? It's a small enough competition, it shouldn't take too long!

(Maire puts on her chef's hat)

Speaking now, as the person coordinating the evening pot-luck feast....

The Barony is providing two main dishes, each in sufficient quantity to feed 24 (48 total).  This estimate is based on the number of attendees at past, recent Spring Feasts.  The first dish is an Elizabethan recipe for chicken in orange sauce.  The second dish will be either pork-based or beef-based, depending on what's giving me a better price in tomorrow's Missoulian insert.  I am not, at this point in time, aware of any unusual allergies or sensitivities, outside the usual ones in the barony.  And you guys know me, I wouldn't serve bell peppers, anyways....

People are asked to bring a dish to contribute to the potluck, preferably one with a medieval or renaissance origin.  Please provide a list of ingredients (on a small note card) that can be placed next to your dish, so that not only can we educate ourselves concerning that nommy thing that Lord X provided, but we can avoid dipping into the dish provided by Lady Y, because it contains things our systems can't handle properly....

We've had a plentitude of suitable cookbooks available at the last few Wednesday night meetings, but if you've missed those, and are at a loss for ideas, please contact me, and I'll do my best to help you out.  Last minute panic is generally not a good idea, however.

For those of our guests who are coming from out of town, or who have no time or inclination to cook, there is the option of paying a feast fee of $8.00.

I look forward to seeing all of you there! Site opens at 9 a.m., and closes at 10!

--Maire