[Artemisia] Quest for Camelot

Juliana Foxcroft julifox at yahoo.com
Fri May 7 21:04:36 CDT 2010

opens one week from yesterday!  We're looking forward to seeing many of you there!

Our calendar has been updated to include heavy fighting, tourneys, rapier, A&S, equestrian, and archery.  Thank you to all who have submitted classes and ideas!  We may be adding more between now and next week so please keep checking back!  We still have room for more classes, and if you are planning any evening activities (dancing, bardic, etc.) that you'd like to have added to the calendar, please send me an email with the details.

Note to Archers:  Unfortunately our Shire does not have any loaner Archery supplies at this time, so if you wish to participate in the Archery events, please be sure to bring your own equipment.  If any of you have extra equipment you'd be willing to bring along to share with any newbies who might want to give it a try, it would be greatly appreciated!

The Commodore is hoping to do some equestrian authorizations on Friday, and on Saturday, from noon until about 1:30, they will be demonstrating some of the various types of equestrian riding.  So head on down to the Arena, they'd love to see you there!

There is going to be an Arts & Sciences display/competition; details are posted on the calendar.  Entries may be submitted in either
display, Populace Choice, or Formal Judging categories.  There will be a separate Populace Choice competition for youth aged 14 and under.  No
pre-registration required, just bring your entry to the A&S area
between 9:30 and 11:00 on Friday morning and we'll get you set up.   Your entry can be something you've
created previously, as long as it has not been entered in one of our
previous Quest for Camelot competitions; it does not have to be
something new created specifically for this event.  There will be prizes for the overall winners of the Youth Populace Choice, Adult Populace
Choice, and Formal Judging categories.  Speaking of the A & S
competition, this is a gentle reminder to last year's winner of the
Travelling Staff to please make sure it gets back to me so we can pass
it on to this year's winner - thanks bunches!

If anyone has any questions at all please feel free to contact me and I'll get back to you as quickly as I can.

Here's looking forward to next weekend!

Juli