[Artemisia] Barony of Arnhold Masked Ball January 29, 2011

Kerri Kennison kortland01 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 9 06:53:46 CST 2010

Greetings Artemisia ~

http://www.baronyarnhold.org/Masked_Ball_2011.html  or
http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=161654060531560

As mid-winter approaches, come celebrate the coming Spring, pause to revel
before the impending war in the Southwest, and enjoy the Deutsch Leitmotiv
(German Themed) Masked Ball in the Barony of Arn Hold. Their Royal Artemisian
Majesties and Their Excellencies Henri Porthos and Katherine Ce’Nedra cordially
invite you to attend and participate in the heraldic colored evening as
we...dance the night away, and celebrate the traditional best-dressed Lord and
Lady of Color competition.

A dessert buffet presented by the culinary artists of Arn Hold will provide
light repast and refreshment. Tempus Perfectum will play to the delight of
dancers and revelers. As is tradition, Tempus Perfectum will be holding a
musical fundraiser - musical requests can indeed be bought! Be generous with
your affectionate sums, and in turn our musicians will be generous with their
talents. To whit, more funding means that certain dances may be played longer!

While only a member of Arn Hold may win the coveted title of Bard of Arn Hold,
the bardic competition is open to all in the areas of voice, instrument, and all
manner of story-telling and dance during orchestral rests. Entertainers come
prepared to participate, and compete for the honor of serving our great Barony.

Dance practice the day of the event will be NOT be at the event site, please
look for announcements regarding practice site and time in future announcements.

FEE: $5.00 member/$20.00 family cap - $5.00 nonmember surcharge

Site:

The lovely and grand Esther Simplot Performing Arts Academy main building, 516
South 9th St, Boise, ID. Complimentary parking of carriage is made available in
the immediate site area. Be aware that 9th Street is a one way driving direction
heading south. Site opens 5:30 pm. Dancing will commence promptly at 6:00 pm.
Site closes 11:00 pm sharp.

Directions

From the southern regions: Take your best route on King’s Highway I-84 to Vista
Avenue (Boise airport exit), right (north) on Vista. Approximately 2.3 miles
Vista curves to the left, and connects to Capital Boulevard going downhill.
Continue on Capital Boulevard over the Boise River bridge, turn left (west) on
Fulton, right (north) on 8th, turn left into only parking lot before Myrtle
Street