[Artemisia] Inquiry

ladygwynnyth at aol.com ladygwynnyth at aol.com
Wed Nov 10 12:40:41 CST 2010

Greetings!

This winter, I have the honor of preparing the feast for the event of Twelfth Night scheduled for on January 8, 2011 in the Barony of Gryphon's Lair.

Before I make the final decision on the menu and recipes, I want to become aware of any dietary needs and/or issues of the populace who may possibly attend. My intent is for those people who do not participate in feasts very often because of these needs and/or issues, to feel they may be able to participate. Please respond with regards to these needs and/or issues, even if you are unsure you will be able to attend, as I would like to educate myself on available alternatives.

Some examples of these needs and/or issues and my adaptations are:

 Extreme sensitivity to RsBT(Hormone)- Mostly in dairy:
This requires the proper reading of labels and purchasing.

Severe allergy to Tree nuts- I must be aware of ingredients & processing to avoid any cross contamination and carry an epipen:
This requires constant & careful inspection of ingredients (hoping the label is correct), careful preparation, and if nuts are used in anything or in the same processing plant as any ingredient- complete separation & labeling – No Nuts in this Feast or kitchen.

Latex allergy - includes severe reaction from nearby exposure:
This could be an issue when gloves are used in the preparation of the food. Use plastic or vinyl.

I will have the menu posted by Thanksgiving.  A general ingredient list will be available at that time, if needed.
The complete ingredient list will be posted at the event.

Prepaid reservations are required for this feast. Please see the event announcement in the Sage Advice for reservation details.

Please send responses to LadyGwynnyth at aol.com.

In Service
Lady Gwynnyth verch Morgan
Feast Steward/Head Cook - BGL 12th night

 My apologies to those who may receive this more than once.

Thank you to those who are my examples, as always I have figured these in.