[Artemisia] Still more forgotten English

Susan E. Macnamara machay at xmission.com
Wed Nov 24 10:57:47 CST 2010

Inbread: the extra loaf or loaves allowed by a baker in each dozen;
[creating a "baker's-dozen"].

Not related to too many family members marrying other family members.
Does anyone know if Lord Aggie includes the inbread in his bakery
orders, or do we need to contact the proper authorities for
enforcement of local regulations?

Save reverence: a kind of apologetical apostrophe, when anything was
said that might be thought filthy or indecent. Contracted to
sa'reverence. The substitute for the word which it introduced, as , "I
trod in a sa'reverence."

The medieval equivalent of "Pardon my French". Now where did THAT come
from? Perhaps could be used in our modern medieval world as an
expletive, rather than modern phrases such as s*** or d***.

YIS, Luveday de Salford