[Artemisia] Cote du Ciel Shire Birthday - December 4, 2010 - Tremonton, UT

jedda_fw at yahoo.com jedda_fw at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 25 07:57:01 CST 2010

My email now is jedda_fw at yahoo.com (Cathryn Anne of Newbury) changed due to
spamming ...

________________________________
From: Nina of the Lost Caverns <nina at oakenstaff.org>
To: artemisia at lists.gallowglass.org
Cc: Talysha Tingey <mysticalpoet713 at yahoo.com>
Sent: Tue, November 23, 2010 6:26:58 PM
Subject: [Artemisia] Cote du Ciel Shire Birthday - December 4, 2010 - Tremonton,
UT

Cote du Ciel Shire Birthday - December 4, 2010 - Tremonton, UT

The Shire of Cote du Ciel welcomes the wonderful citizens of Artemisia in
celebration of our annoual Shire Birthday! Fighting, frolicking, and fun - oh,
my! Join us as our Heavy and Rapier fighters compete in a ferocious battle to be
named our Shire Champions. Huddle around masses of beautiful, hand-crafted
objects as our Shire Arts and Sciences Champion is announced; and join us in
merry-making and joyous stories, song, and dance for our dear Shire is due for a
new Bard. Later on that evening, revel with us with a fabulous feast that will
have been prepared my m'lord Mate (dave.dudley at gmail.com). There will also be a
fundraiser soup luncheon. It is sure to be a treat for all.

For all those who wish to take part in armored combat, we will be hosting a FIVE
weapons tourney. The prize for the winner is a Sax. The weapon styles will be:
Spear, Hand and half, Florentine, Single-sword with counted blows, and sword and
shield. All fighters entering in this tournament must be authorized in ALL
fighting styles, and have to have been fighting for three years or less in order
to win this most spectacular surprise of prizes.

The rapier tournament will also be 5 weapons, so anyone who is interested in
participating will need to be authorized for the 3 weapon style groups (Single
Point, Defensive Second, Offensive Second). The five styles of rapier fighting
will be: single rapier, rapier and dagger, rapier and cloak, rapier and buckler,
and case of rapiers.

The Arts & Sciences champion is chosen by popular vote. Every entry needs to
have a project with one page of documentation to be entered in the competition.
If you have something you want to enter and you don't think it will be completed
by Shire Birthday, please don't let this discourage you from entering because
you can add in your documentation how the finish project will look. Remember
this needs to be a project that can be documented back to medieval times or
before up too and including the 16th century. The prize is an authentic Jorvik
dig bead. If you would like more info, please talk to Lady Catherine Ann of
Newbery (aussie at gemstate.net) at fighter practice. Also, if you would like to
display something we can arrange an area for displays.

Regrettably, this is a dry site; howver, pets are welcome with the proper
supervision and cleaning provisions.

Parents of little ones will be pleased to hear that children's activities are
planned for the event, and with this, the more the merrier!

SITE FEE:
Adults: $6.00
Children (4-12): $4.00
Children 3 and under are welcome guests of the Shire.
Non-Member Surcharge (NMS): $5.00

Feast Fee: $8.00 Feast reservations are requested to be in to Mate
(dave.dudley at gmail.com) by November 20th, 2010.
Fundraiser Luncheon: $3.00

Site:
- Tremonton Fairgrounds - Museum Room: 320 North 1000 West, Tremonton, Utah
84337
- Site opens at 10a.m. and closes at 9 p.m.
- Directions from the North (& Cache Valley): Take best route to King's Highway
(I-15) (from Cache Valley use the Tremonton Way, also known as going West on 200
North/UT-30 in Logan). Take Exit 381 for Tremonton/Garland. Turn left at 1000
West. Take first right onto N 1000 West/N 6800 W/Iowa String Road. You will
reach the Fairgrounds shortly.
- Directions from the South: Take best route to King's Highway (I-15). Take Exit
40 toward Tremonton/Bothwell. Turn right at UT-102 N/W 11200 N/ W Main St. Turn
left at N 1000 West/N 6800 W/Iowa String Road. You will reach the Fairgrounds
shortly.

- The Event Steward for Birthday 2010 is Lady Sabine (mystical713 at msn.com).
- Deputy Steward is Lord Sevya Igorevich (sgt_sevya at yahoo.com).
- Mate Czygan (dave.dudley at gmail.com) is the Feast Steward.