[Artemisia] Iron Balls...

Christy Lewis lady_ofdance at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 7 17:37:28 CDT 2010

Please pardon the bandwidth and cross post as necessary... Thanks.

IRON BALLS
NOVEMBER 27, 2010                                                                          FILER, IDAHO

            Hear Yea!  Hear Yea!  The noble Shire of Twae Linnes extends our wishes to all the populace of our great Kingdom of Artemisia to come join us in our birthday celebration.

            We invite those of heavy suit to come and show us what you’re made of.  Weather cooperating with this grand event, we will have snow up to your a…-- no ankles!  We are hoping to have a rapier tournament for those that don’t desire board and sword for the day.  There will be an A & S competition held as well.  This competition is open to any one wishing to participate.  Prizes will be awarded for over-all Champion as well as our Shire A & S Champion, which will be determined among those of our Shire who participate.

A feast of Twae Linnean tradition will be served that evening, so bring you appetites or better yet work one up with all the daily activities.

Enjoy the festivities - compete in the A&S competition, cheer on the heavy fighters or the rapiers, or just visit with old friends or make new ones.  Either way we have a day full of fun for you to enjoy.  We have also planned some after dinner entertainment to help settle that feast of beast.   Let us not forget the “Auction”.  Bring your purses of golden coins for we have an auction to start the evening festivities off.  (Anyone wishing to donate to the auction - please contact the event steward)  There may also be a few merchants on site. Crash space inquiries please contact the event stewards.

SITE:  This is a DRY site.  NO pets of any kind allowed on site.  NO smoking in the building.
            Site opens at 9:00 a.m. and closes at midnight.
Site fees are $5.00.
FEAST:            Feast fees are $10.00.  Children 6 -15 are half price
Children under 6 are free.   Family cap is $50
Make checks payable to”The Shire of Twae Linnes”.  .
Reservations for feast must be made no later than November 21st.

DIRECTIONS: Traveling on I-84 - coming from east or west take exit #173.  From the east turn left – from the west turn right had head toward Twin Falls.  Cross the bridge and stay on Blue Lakes till you come to Addison Avenue (approximately 2.2 miles or the 8th  stop light) and turn right onto Addison Ave. W / US-93.  Continue to follow US-93 (5.8 mi.).  US-93 becomes US-30 – travel another 1.5 mi. Turn RIGHT onto N 2250 E / Fairgrounds Rd. travel about 3-4 blocks and turn left onto Main St. site will be on your right -- 222 MAIN ST –(Filer Senior Haven).  There is parking in front and across the road.

Event Steward:
HE Sheelaegh mac Cathail         (Jeanne Warr  208-731-4573)      e-mail:   jlwarr at cableone.net

Co-Event Steward:
Lady Ealusaid inghean Lughaidh        (Christy Lewis 208-420-3586)    e-mail:   lady_ealusaid at hotmail.com