[Artemisia] hello.....

Ann kaiara at gkg.net
Sun Oct 10 16:37:05 CDT 2010

Our place is in the Taylor Park area of Colorado, putting us between
two ridges of the continental divide and I have no clue which Kingdom
we'll be in once we settle there permanently.

So I am joining groups that look interesting to discuss the changes
my persona's life will make once we leave hot Ansteorra!

Persona : Anna Benedicta--Byzantine pre-schism; so my garb is linen,
cotton and silk.  I've kept her story to being in a family of
scholars and merchants along the silk road. She is well-read in her
faith having several religious and more than one priest in the
family.  Most of my efforts in reading about period history have been
for Byzantium, the silk road, and Spain.  It fits with much of my
graduate studies in theology.  I always did like Patristics so it
sort of just fit that I'd make my character for a region that would
allow her to have read the same things I was reading for class.
Also, a close friend wanted to do a persona who linked Korea and
Constantinople by way of the Silk Road together with Orthodox
Catholicism in her character and we didn't want our two characters to
spend all their time fighting over the sacking of Constantinople.

I'm considering having her marry a crusader who takes her back to
Scotland --so I can keep the clothing and character I've got and
simply begin to add warm pieces of clothing.  (scotland got chosen
due to our place being in the mountains and my hubby of two years
being a Seeton (other family spellings, Seaton and Seton--and there
is apparently even a castle in the family history in addition to an
early American Saint.)  So I'm thinking it will be fun to weave that
region into the life of my character in SCA.

Question:  I have a kinsale cloak made from heavy wool (nearly
blanket weight)--how out of character might that be for Northern
Britain early period?

For that matter, I've little knowledge of that region in period--so
it will be fun to add to what I have studied!

K. Ann Seeton
kaiara at gkg.net

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a
habit."  --Aristotle