[Artemisia] Things that are more expensive than going to Estrella

Mineko Murai mineko.murai at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 15:49:04 CDT 2010

Greetings Unto the Noble Populace!!

Ever since I started in the SCA, I have always heard some debate as to
how expensive it is to attend Estrella War for a week. Now I watch my
dollars as much as the next person and having given it some thought
over an episode of David Letterman, I wanted to throw out some numbers
for those of us who have to choose how to spend a week of hard earned
leave. So in the style of The Late Show, I give you my TOP TEN LIST OF
THINGS MORE EXPENSIVE THAN GOING TO ESTRELLA WAR!!

1.Getting bounced out of Disneyland by Mickey Mouse himself for
stalking Cinderella - $216 (thats just the 6 day Park Hopper pass)
2.Discovering that JAWS isn't part of the Pirates of the Caribbean
ride at Disney World - $296 (again just the tickets)
3.Waking up next to Wayne Newton after 6 crazy nights at the Excalibur
in Las Vegas - $450
4.Instead of recreating the Middle Ages you try to recreate “The
Hangover 2” - (Bail Money sucks, but Mike Tyson rocks!)
5.Watching Avatar every day for 6 days trying to figure out why
Gargamel isn't in this production of The Smurfs -$135 (with a small
drink and Popcorn)
6.Spending 6 days at Magic Mountain asking other travelers how to get
rid of that One Ring - $240 (admission only)
7.Six days in beautiful Hawaii trying to be an Extra in “Dog the
Bounty Hunter” - $650+ (depending on whether you fly or swim)
8.Realizing that after 6 days, the food at Medieval Times tastes like
the Green Knights old Turnshoes - ($57.95 per show)
9.Trying to hike your way out of the Grand Canyon because you iPhone
GPS doesn't work right - ($18 per day)
10.Pennsic - ($110)

Pre-Registration for Estrella War costs a mere $65 and comes complete
with camping, showers, privies, fighting, A&S classes, equestrian,
archery, rapier, hardsuit combat, heraldry consultations, period demo,
merchants row, or any one of the myriad of other things that there are
to do at Estrella War.

So take the time to Pre-Register for Estrella War. All it takes is a
$20 deposit to pre-reg, and you can pay the rest at the gate. Learn
more by following the link below:

http:// www. estrellawar .org /RegistrationFrontGate/PreRegistration.aspx

In Service,
Lord Alystyr Stewart