[Artemisia] Woof woof grrr ruff!

Redhawk sca_redhawk at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 11 10:15:50 CDT 2010

What fun!  In Great Falls, I don't think we have an enclosed dog park.  I am happy to hear you are supporting the adoption of pets in the pound/shelters.   As a yorkie breeder.. I have retired.  I still have 13 dogs.. 10 yorkies, non-breeding, one i can't spelt it shitzu that was my moms.  When mom passed away in january i took tina.  we still have wulf's akita/wolf that is 15 (7 years past his life expectancy).  Since I have cattle, I needed a 4 legged helper.  Rather than buying one from a breeder, I adopted one from the Wyoming Herding Group Rescue.  Emily is a blue heeler also called a australian herding dog.  she is death on cattle.  great helper and knows her job.  she's also great at getting my goats out of the barn. emily also know some agility.  loves the dog walk and the a frame. and tunnels.  she thinks the pickup belongs to her and is my constant companion.  her re-call is superb.  mostly she lays down in the stall i am
 cleaning and waits or she lays in a lawn chair in the barn and watches me.  Just need to teach her to stay out of the arena cause the horse(s) i am riding do not need to be herded.
My point is.. Morgan is right.. there are many pets out there in need of a home.  I am thrilled to have found emily.  she was found in a shelter and the herding rescue got her.  then had a home on a ranch.. the woman got cancer and they gave her back.  now i have her.  she is never chained or in the fenced yard.  she is my shadow and has the run of the farm. she is a good over and i repeat over loving dog.  You too can help a pet in need.  why buy from a breeder and god forbid a pet store when there are soooo many great animals that need your love and friendship. emily thinks she's pretty cool riding in the back seat of the pickup looking out the window like she is on a mission or something.
Take a look at those available pets in need. with the economy as it is.. there are many who need you.  And the adoption agency will be real honest with you and let you know if the pet is good with kids, other dogs, cats, house broke, emotional issues and what ever else.
Redhawk and her buck's worth.