[Artemisia] A New Discussion - SCA Skills in a Modern Plague

Allen Hall dukealan at q.com
Fri Sep 17 15:31:03 CDT 2010

Hi Osondrea,

True enought, including the can of worms!  The original plague came in as bubonic and mutated, evolved into pneumonic plague.  Nasty critters, both.  It is still around?  Yes, absolutely.  A guy living pretty much alone on the south rim of the Grand Canyon died from it about 2-3 years ago.  That just makes the discussion a little more interesting...

So, how do we deal with it?  If commerce is shut down, as well as transportation of "stuff" via truck and rail, and the power starts to go down because no will/can go to work...what'cha gonna do?

Food and water comes to mind....

Let's hear how a person could deal with it.  What skills/knowledge, experiences would be useful?  We know how to make bread ovens and use wood to fire them.  What do we put in them and how do we get it?

Thanks for picking up on the topic.  I bet this will be an interesting one!

Alan