[Artemisia] SCA Skills in a Modern Plague

BENGTA1 at aol.com BENGTA1 at aol.com
Sat Sep 18 00:57:15 CDT 2010

The old saying is that it takes 7 spinners to keep a weaver busy.  It
takes 7 weavers to keep a tailor busy.

I can spin.  I can weave or knit or crochet.  I can push my  sewing machine
by hand or rig up a belt and treadle system.  But I cannot  make sewing
machine thread.  I would store lots and lots and lots of thread  for my sewing
machine.

When we bought our house, we picked one with a fireplace upstairs and a
wood burning stove downstairs.  That would not be a permanent solution  to
heating, but with the wood we have we could keep warm enough for quite a
while!

YIS
Bengta