[Artemisia] A New Discussion - SCA Skills in a Modern Plague

Dori Andrepont dori.andrepont at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 11:31:39 CDT 2010

I have to agree on the challenges of water. Even a well can pull up all
sorts of nasties. I was secretary/treasurer for a rural water district,
which sounds simple enough, but the reality was that I spent most of my time
draining samples from the tank, getting them tested for bacterium and
contaminants, routinely having the tank drained and disinfected, and making
arrangement with our service to add chemicals to the water so it would be
safe to drink.

Doria
PS Don't forget that you need nails! (Ever since reading Heinlein's
"Farnham's Freehold", I've never forgotten the nails.)