[Artemisia] A New Discussion - SCA Skills in a Modern Plague

Redhawk sca_redhawk at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 19 13:26:44 CDT 2010

i have my eye on a couple horse drawn implements.  i have mowed hay the horse dawn way.  thank goodness HL Wulf is a good carpenter because the pitman arm can break and it's made of wood.  the question is, here in great falls there isn't much for harness shops.  other materials would have to be used such as heavy webbed straps.  i do have a treddle sewing machine so sewing something heavy would be okay.
i'd like to know how we get yeast for breads... hm... gotta have bread.  what was used back then to make the bread rise?
Redhawk