[Artemisia] A New Discussion - SCA Skills in a Modern Plague

BENGTA1 at aol.com BENGTA1 at aol.com
Sun Sep 19 17:47:08 CDT 2010

Nails...shoelaces (and the shoes to put them on),  chapstick, deodorant
(we'll be a stinky bunch!).  Socks, underwear, work  gloves

I can make  shoe laces, socks, underwear.  I'll trade for other goods.

Who's got a root cellar, or knows how to build one  and what goes in it?

When I lived in Germany, I had the farmer deliver 200 lbs of  potatoes.
They went into the dark, cool closet in the front hall under the  stairs.
Lasted just fine.  At the end, if some sprout, use them to  plant with!

It was typical of older German farms that the barn and the living house
were built like a side-by-side duplex.  The animal heat from the barn  helped
to keep the house a little warmer in the winter.

In other countries, the barn was the bottom storey, the house above.

How do you guard your horses so they don't get  stolen?

Surely that is one of the things dogs are good for!!

Bengta