[Artemisia] A New Discussion - SCA Skills in a Modern Plague

Caointiarn caointiarn1 at bresnan.net
Sun Sep 19 23:49:10 CDT 2010

The Foxfire series is an excellent series on "frontier living".  There are 5
books, if I remember right dealing with most every aspect of life up to &
including building wagons (it's been awhile since I read them, but they are
on my "grab 'n go" list).  On the question of where does lard  come from -
it's pig fat, rendered until white & clean. It can be used to store meat,
eggs, etc (mainly because it keeps air from whatever is stored in it).

Morgan of Hawksreach