[Artemisia] A New Discussion - SCA Skills in a Modern Plague

Jason Mohler darkside at bresnan.net
Mon Sep 20 09:20:41 CDT 2010

On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 18:47:08 -0400 (EDT)
  BENGTA1 at aol.com wrote:
> In other countries, the barn was the bottom storey, the house above.
>
> How do you guard your horses so they don't get  stolen?
>
> Surely that is one of the things dogs are good for!!
>
> Bengta

I'm not sure if it's been addressed yet, but what about fodder/forage for the
horses? I don't have any experience with the care and feeding of horses, but I
was under the impression that they had some definite nutritional requirements
that were hard to find naturally in Artemisia. Maybe goats and dogs would be
better to have, at least as pack animals.