[Artemisia] A New Discussion - SCA Skills in a Modern Plague

Redhawk sca_redhawk at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 20 09:54:41 CDT 2010

I have thought about how I would feed my horses.  The pasture around our place would last only so long.  same with my cows.  each one of our horses eats 20# of hay a day.  So that much grazing would take a while.  I would be concerned that some one would come along and take them if they went to far from the house. Plus the pasture is where I would want to mow for hay.  The horses here at our stables that are old and crippled unfortunatly would have to be put down. If they can't work, they aren't earning their keep. It would be to much extra work to feed a un-usable horse. My cows if they arent usable, we can eat.  How to feed my dogs is a good question.  I guess the horse meat from the old horses.  Sounds terrible though I can't let them starve either.
Reality is, we would have to make some unpleasant decisions.
Red