[Artemisia] A New Discussion - SCA Skills in a Modern Plague

Richard Samul scascot at mac.com
Thu Sep 23 10:30:54 CDT 2010

As a borderline Type 2, I'm right there with you on that. Again,
though, with food shortages and increased physical demands, I think
that the reason I'm borderline Type 2 (weight) and have sleep apnea
would tend to resolve itself, if I don't die in the process of getting
fit in the first place. ;-)

Another thing to consider, though, is what other medical prosthetics
do you have? I'm thinking primarily eyeglasses, here, but other things
like limbs are important, too. Without a way to manufacture new lenses
or frames, what you have is all you have. Break them, damage them, or
lose them, and you're out of luck. Think about spending a day without
your glasses or contacts, and then think about spending the rest of
your life like that (or, at least until civilization re-asserts
itself). As a member of the 4-eyed clan, with vision bordering on
legally blind without my corrective lenses, I'd be in big trouble.

--
Earc