[Artemisia] A New Discussion - SCA Skills in a Modern Plague

Padruig rayzentz at aim.com
Thu Sep 23 12:05:49 CDT 2010

LoL. regarding glasses... I have been legally blind without them since grade school. Without corrective lenses, I see nothing but colored blobs. However, I have not broken lenses since grade school. I believe that my lenses themselves are effectively bulletproof.  Frames are another issue, but there are some skilled metalworkers who could probably come up with a solution for that, if necessary.

That said, however, I do have a spare set of old glasses, and while they do not any longer correct to 20/20, I could function. My current ones are also due for replacement, which means I would have two spares...

If I did not have corrective lenses, I guess I would probaby end up being the old blind minstrel, entertaining for a bit of bread and meat   ;-)

Padruig

Dr. Raymond Zentz

It is better to die a free man, than to live, a slave.