[Artemisia] SCA community

Spencer Collier xylophobia at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 23 15:12:25 CDT 2010

My Lords and Ladies,

I have been following this plague thread and am as constantly, as always, at the
plethora of information that we have all together about just about anything out
there.  I always wonder what could be done if we could get all of that
information together, as one person stated  that just in this thread there are
many posts that could be used as articles in Tournaments Illuminated.  My
brother in law, who now resides in this kingdom has started a new SCA website.
 He happens to be a brilliant web designer, and has come up with a site,
www.scacommunity.com that has the opportunity to really benefit our grand
society.   He grew frustrated with all of the wonderful sites that have gone
away, and I agree with him.  How many of us have dead links to pages that we
thought would be there for years, and now that information is for the most part
gone or at least not accessible to the majority of us. So in an effort to
preserve this information before it got lost, and to put it in a easily
accessible form he created this site.  He envisions it as a hub of information
for all in the SCA and a social gathering place, from those who are just
interested to those who have been active all of their lives.  You sign up to
this site, and you can look through, forums, blogs, video blogs, search for
people by kingdom, barony, or even groups (you can even create household
groups).  These are just a few of the things that are on this site.  This site
only started at the beginning of this month, but is daily growing, and so1on, I
believe, will be a site that will become a major resource to all of us.  He is
open to suggestions, and works hard to implement them.  Please, don't just take
my word for it, go and check it out, join, and watch as this site changes the
how we exchange information in the SCA.

Sorry if this post offends. I know this sounds a lot like a shameless plug for a
website, but I have spent a lot of time talking about it, and I really see it as
a wonderful place to take our Society to the next level in sharing information.

Spencer Collier
Almaric de Spenser
formerly known as Aethric Filius Eahlston