[Artemisia] Water Treatment - SCA Skills in a Modern Plague

Richard Samul scascot at mac.com
Mon Sep 27 15:48:00 CDT 2010

In doing some research on water disinfection for a completely
unrelated line of inquiry, I came upon this:

http://www.sodis.ch/index_EN

Sure, you can disinfect water by boiling it, but that takes precious
fuel (wood, coal or other) - why not let the sun do the work for you?

SODIS (SOlar DISinfection of water) is currently the most widely used
method of water treatment in many third-world countries, and can
easily be adapted to the post-plague/apocalypse scenario we are
discussing. All you need is some relatively clear water; PET plastic
soda bottles,  glass bottles, or clear plastic bags (SODIS bags); and
6 hours of sunlight - which turns out to be quite plentiful here in
our bright Artemisian summers.

A bit of useful information to tuck away (along with some bottles).

--
HL Earc Cearr