[Artemisia] A New Discussion - SCA Skills in a Modern Plague

Cadet plurcadets at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 16:02:16 CDT 2010

In this case the requisite alcoholic percentage for the entire mix is 3%, so
with one gallon of 9% wine you can cleanse 3 gallons of Sketchy water. 1:3
ratio with 9% which is pretty standard with wines.  Infact a good number of
wines that you will find in a store are around 11-13%...  Most of the
batches that I like to make tend to push in excess of 18% and I've had a
couple of batches that ended up at 24%.  Anyway, try to keep it at or above
3%.

I should add that I see this as a way to supplement the water that one has
boiled, it gives some flavor, and it would be a nice change from just
drinking plain ol' boiled water.

Anyway, just wanted to throw in my bit.