[Artemisia] Lochtoberfest Event Announcement

Belladonna belladonna.difrancia at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 3 18:47:22 CDT 2011

Please forward, reprint, borrow, or steal, as desired. Or link to
http://www.loch-salann.org/docs/lochtoberfest_11.html.

Lochtoberfest
Barony of Loch Salann
September 24, 2011

As fair München prepares to celebrate its 178th Oktoberfest, the Barony of Loch
Salann invites you to be exceptionally creative about your anachronisms and join
us in a lighthearted mimicry of an event that didn’t have its inception until
1810. Come to the second annual Lochtoberfest! If you will not come for the sake
of fun, come for the sake of Würstchen. If not for Würstchen, then obviously,
you must give in, don your Lederhosen and Dirndln, and attend for the sake of
Bier! (No one in SCA period garb will be turned away, though.)

Central to our event is, of course, a brewing competition. Brewers far and wide,
come and prove that your kegs produce the finest brews! We have no Master Spice
requirement, and as is appropriate in a Barony with a Gaelic name, top-fermented
beers are welcome in addition to bottom-fermented ones. We even gladly accept
spontaneously fermented brews, if you’ve been bravely trying your hand at
creating a Lambic. Indeed, if you feel your brew qualifies as beer, we’re
certain the populace will happily sample it! Multiple entries by the same brewer
will be judged separately, so enter more of your masterworks to increase your
chances of winning.

Arguably as important as the brewing competition (if you’re among those who
believe anything can be as important as beer) is the Best of the Würst
competition. The most finely crafted sausages will win this title for their
maker. Fill some intestines with your best meat concoctions and come wrest the
Best of the Würst title from Lady Gwynnyth ferch Morgan!

Finally, Dame Hildegardis Filia Vulframni is once again preparing an incredible
German-themed feast; fighters must also prove which one of them has the best
sausage; amazing festivities are planned for the youth of the kingdom (with no
beer-drinking involved); and other great hilarity is anticipated.

Location
South Valley Unitarian
6876 Highland Drive, Salt Lake City, UT
Find your best route to I-215 in Salt Lake City. Take the 20th East exit off
I-215 and travel south for half a block. The building is on the west side of the
street.

Time
September 24, 2011
10 a.m. to 9 p.m.

Fees
Adult: $8
Youth (ages 6 to 15): $4
Adult Feast: $6
Youth Feast: $3
Nonmember surcharge: $5

Stewards
Event Steward: Lady Belladonna di Francia
belladonna.difrancia at yahoo.com
801-244-4757

Feast Steward: Dame Hildegardis Filia Vulframni
801-964-1801 (feast reservations not required)

Marshal in Charge: Sir Robert le Raven MacLeod
ravenmacleod at comcast.net