[Artemisia] Event Announcement: Insurrection and Provincial Birthday Party September 9-11

Ashley Aedo sarcastic.muppet at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 12:05:01 CDT 2011

The Province of Arrow’s Flight is turning three! And like any
three-year-old, the most important part of a third birthday is one thing:
PRESENTS!  To that end, our artisans are working hard to provide prizes for
the winners in the martial and artistic activities of the day.

Martial activities of Hard Suit, Rapier, Archery, and Youth Combat are
planned for Saturday, as well as a tournament to determine the Provincial
Archery Champion.

Arts and Science activities will include classes as well as a competition
with the theme of: Gifts! Anything that could be reasonably considered a
gift, either for yourself or others (largesse, favors, etc) is welcome, and
documentation is encouraged.

Merchants are welcome at this event and with advance notice can even get in
on some of the shadier spots on the site, but the landscape has a few
difficulties to be aware of.  Feel free to contact the autocrat.

***PRIZES!***
Gifts for tournaments and competitions on Saturday include the following:

Multi-Weapon format Heavy Tournament: Flat-pack Gothic-style Wooden Chair,
made by Lord Javier and Lady Oriana

Rapier Tournament: Hand-Felted Rug decorated with motifs from Fiore's
treatise on medieval combat, made by Lady Praksedys

A&S Competition: A commemorative zibillino made by HL Aine

Sherwood Archery Tournament: Leather pouch and archery maintenance kit, made
by Lord Ieuan
******

Join us at sunset on Saturday evening for a Provincial birthday potluck as
we celebrate our emergence from our terrible twos!

Site: Willow Park, 9800 West 8570 North in Lehi, UT (Lehi is part of the
I-15 corridor expansion, please plan accordingly).  It is site # 1.  Site
will open at noon on Friday and close at noon on Sunday.

Leashed pets are allowed with responsible owners, and fires are allowed in
established pits only.

Fees: $12/adult, $8/youth for the weekend, $7/adult, $5/youth for Saturday
only.

Check  http://arrows-flight.org/i​nsurrection for more updates or go to the
facebook event page at http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=216729495037307

Thank you,
Marguerite de Provins/Ashley Aedo
Autocrat
(contact info is on website and facebook page)