[Artemisia] khazaria

Hastings Sanderson hodgepatch at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 13:31:58 CDT 2011

Have you tried Kevin Alan Brook's website?  I saw that you had consulted his
book, but he does have a site that is well updated http://khazaria.com/  My
only concern is your time period.  BCE the Turkic nomads that would be in
that area and develop into the the Khazars were nowhere near there.  Its the
Sarmations, Scythians etc.  There are some early Iranian tribes drifting in
that direction, but the Khazars aren't really a group until the 7th century
CE when the Western Turkish empire breaks up.  If you want to go really
early Turkic tribe perhaps you could look at the Alans?  I know there is at
least one extant men's garment.

Ever to your service,

Praksedys Turova doch'