[Artemisia] Brewer in need of assistance!

Cadet plurcadets at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 09:50:47 CST 2011

To the good people of Artemisia,

This is your Merry Mead Making Man...  As we draw closer and closer to
Estrella war I find myself once again in a bit of a bind, you see I have
signed up to teach two classes at the event, and as this is one of the
greatest events in the known world I intend to make this my greatest class
to date, however I am not finding myself limited by the fact that I drive a
two door coup.  So now I find myself in a position, to beg, barter, bribe,
(or attempt to sneak...) for assistance with getting some of my gear to the
site of this glorious war!

Now, let me remind you fine gentles that it is no bad thing to have a brewer
in your debt!  So, allow me now to put up a list of the things I need
assistance with (don't need help with ALL of it, just these are the items
that are fighting each other to get in the car, the chest might end up tied
to the roof of my car, as it doesn't actually fit inside my vehicle)

4-8:  5.5-7.5 gallon carboys (empty on the trip down, should be full on the
trip back... If it's 8, 4 of them will still be in their boxes. (anyone that
helps would be entitled to two bottles off the completed batch(es) which I
plan on aging until NEXT Estrella)

4: stainless steel stock-pots (to make the mead in: and if anyone could find
it in their hearts to lend additional stockpots on Wed and Saturday from
noon to three they would be loved forever)

1: beginning brewing kit (to be given away in my Saturday class on a drawing
from all the names of my students throughout the week)

1: 4'x2'x18" wood chest (lightly loaded on the way down... probably full of
new garb on the way back.)

8: cases of wine (that's 4x 4000ml jugs each, need the jugs for my classes,
and well that means there's 32 jugs of wine to be drank... Any one willing
to transport is again welcome to some of the contents!  Though this may
change depending on whether or not the costco near the site sells them
cheaply enough to make it worth leaving site to get them.)

2-5: cases of mead (my stuff, Love the liquor store for giving out those
free wine boxes, if you ask nicely they even leave the dividers in for you!)

1-2: folding tables (again I usually don't bring these because they don't
fit in my car, but I'm trying to do this class right, plus I'm planning on
doing some spot brewing at my tent this event.

2 propane tanks

And for anyone driving through Flagstaff (not in the middle of the night): I
have ordered 35 gallons of honey from a business in Flagstaff, that's
approximately 420 lbs of honey.  This is what is making my try and pawn off
my other stuff the most.  After all, you REALLY don't want to be cramming 5
gallon buckets of honey in awkwardly, if they fall you have one sticky
mess!  If anyone with a trick or trailer is driving through Flagstaff and
has room to pick up a bucket or two, that would be the greatest help of all!

OK, for those of you that have read this far, please feel free to find the
Bedouin tent in the kingdom encampment, I will be brewing, and sharing my
wares throughout the event.  Also, at least 10 of those jugs need to be
empty by noon on Wed for my first class... so bring your tankard or pitcher
on by.  We'll have Carlo Rossi (Sangria, blush, Merlot, Riesling, available
to the of-age public, donations/trade/tips appreciated, but not expected,
require, or even really desired, I just like to share) Please have ID if
there is reasonable doubt of your age, if you're military don't worry too
much about your ID I do have ways to verify for you.

Anyway, whether you're able to help or not, I do hope everyone has a safe
trip to and from the event, and I look forward to seeing any/all of you down
there!

Kveldulf Lohipoika,   just another Merry Mead Making Man.
Kody L. Allen
8016748255 Please call or e-mail if you might have room.  For those that
don't know I live in SLC, but can easily drive most of my things (except
chest) to where ever a ride might be available for it!

Thanks in advance for the assistance!