[Artemisia] Newsletter Production Stipends

Chuck Heisler Jr. conradvz at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 14 10:38:49 CST 2011

Greetings,

I couldn't agree more with Duke Alan's sentiment.  Perhaps we should charge people who want an ecopy less and the people who would like to receive a hard copy more.

But doing away with the hard copy completely seems like denying folks a choice they should have the option to make.

I am personally of the old school, I like the ease and convenience of the written word in my hand.  I read ebooks, I read email, but I do like books and letters better.

However, it certainly is time that the option of an electronic newsletter be available to those people who like that sort of thing.

Conrad v Z

"Greetings All,

A few ideas to throw out there....

Another group that I'm involved in gives the option of either printed or electronic copies of their quarterly newsletter.  This arrangement has worked well for that group.

I know that it is hard for some to believe, but there are those that don't like reading mass amounts of info on the computer.  Some people prefer to read where and when they want, and not be tied to a computer and it's fixed location (I know some have laptops....please consider that some don't).

There is more than one way to look at this situation.

Alan"