[Artemisia] Paper and Electronic Newsletter Update

Lady Syeira ladysyeira at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 18 18:17:01 CST 2011

It seems a lot of us have a bad impression of the word "spin"
I agree with you TOTALLY.
They definately need a good PR person that can put out the information clearly.

Syeira

--- On Fri, 2/18/11, Belladonna <belladonna.difrancia at yahoo.com> wrote:

My mental dictionary has a non-pejorative version of the definition for spin
(that it's possible I made up) that doesn't involve lying, obfuscation, or even
anything other than plain language, but does involve carefully presenting the
whole truth in as positive a way as possible.

Since this announcement had some positives, I just meant that they could easily
have presented it in a much better way, but I'd say they presented it in just
about the most negative way they could have come up with, even if they'd been
trying. In other words, it seemed to me that they did spin it—to the
negative—and that they could really use more skilled PR.

Ultimately, though, I was trying (and apparently failing) to be humorous about
it.

Belladonna