[Artemisia] sumptuary question

maxine morgan maxikyd at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 25 21:46:40 CST 2011

As a former landed baroness of a Palatine barony (Western Seas, Kingdom of Caid)
who is now living in Artemisia, I am wondering what the sumptuary laws are for
transplanted folk are.  Caid has no sumptuary laws in this regard, and nothing
written as to what, specifically is/is not can/can not be worn, with the
exception of royalty. I have read the Lex Artemisia, but cannot determine what I
am here.  In Caid, some say "once a baron(ess) always a baron(ess)", other just
shrug and say "Westen Seas, Arts and Science Baronial, different." So, since I
live here now, according to Artemisian Law, am I a baroness or not?  I know I
am a holder of the Baronial Label for Western Seas, but am not sure what I can
legally wear here, or for that matter, how I can wear it, without stepping on
toes.  The SCA is, after all, supposed to be fun, and I don't want to upset any
applecarts unless we're making apple wine.    Your reply will be much
appreciated.

Lady Max