[Artemisia] Solstice court awards and recognitions... belated

Padruig rayzentz at aim.com
Tue Jan 4 17:31:19 CST 2011

Greetings unto all nobles and gentles of the Great Lands of Artemisia. May this New Year grant you health and prosperity.

I, Padruig, having finally returned from the frigid lands and arctic winds of the Kingdom of NorthShield, find I have been remiss in my duties, and beg the indulgence of those among you who have been inconvenienced and discomfited by my failure to report these matters earlier to the general polulace of our fair kingdom. I will make up this failure now.

There were many individuals who were recognized by the Crown during the solstice festivities recently celebrated in the ancient barony of Loch Salaan.  During the course of the day, Their Royal Majesties Timmur and Saige did recognize the following individuals with these awards, and recognitions...   (listed in no specific order)

Lady Siwsan McGowan was recognized with an Award of Arms
Lord Takeyama Nakayoshi was recognized with an Award of Arms
His Excellency Demar was made a Baron Of The Court by Their Royal Majesties
the Honorable Lady Bronwyn Morgan was made a member of the Order of the Golden Maple Leaf
Lord Magnus was recognized as a member of the Totally Aggressive Nasty Killers (Artemisia TANK corps)
Lady Mairsile Kendrick was made a member of the Order of the Golden Maple Leaf
The Honorable Lady Sine was made a member of the Order of the Golden Sun in Splendor
Sir Raven MacLeod was also made a member of the Order of the Golden Maple Leaf

At Evening Court, Their Royal Majesties did summon the following...

Master Hamish MacKellar, who was elevated to the Order of the Pelican, and voiced his oath on the spot.
Lord Odfa, who was sent on vigil, to contemplate his answer to the question, "Will you join the Order of the Pelican?"
Lord Clovis von Drasen, who was recognized with an Award of Arms.
Lady Zaphirah, who was made a member of the Order of the Golden Maple Leaf.

Master Bjorn Ohnstad was then summoned before their majesties, whereupon he was elevated to the Order of the Laurel, and also voiced his oath before Their Majesties and the assembled populace.
Mistress Bengta, who was then sent on vigil, to contemplate her answer to the question, "Will you join the Order of the Laurel?"

Lady Leonore, who was recognized with an Award of Arms
Duke Sir Sean Kirkpatrick Tarragon, who was recognized by an Augmentation to his Arms
Her Ladyship Aurora, who was then sent on vigil, to contemplate her answer to the question, "Will you join the order of the Pelican?"

Lady Oonaugh, who was made a member of the Order of the Golden Pillar.
Lord Nathaniel Willoughby, who was made a member of the Order of the Gold Scarf.
Lady Badashia, who was recognized with an Award of Arms.

Finally, to complete an amazing evening, His Excellency, Ryrid, Baron of Loch Salaan, was elevated to the Order of the Pelican.

Thus ends the report.
Any mispellings, or incorrect acknowledgements, are totally the fault of the inept herald, and for which he will be whipped later.

It is my great honor to congratulate these wonderful individuals, and to be able to say that I know them. I am better person for being able to learn from you, speak with you, and just generally bask in the glow of your presence. Congratulations, all.

Lord Padruig Mctavish
voice herald to TRM Timmur and Saige
King and Queen of Glorious Artemisia

Dr. Raymond Zentz

It is better to die a free man, than to live, a slave.