[Artemisia] Riq class?

Cameron lordrat14 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 10 18:34:12 CST 2011

I for one would be very interested.

Sent from my iPod

On Jan 9, 2011, at 8:22 AM, Bruce Padget <bapadget at gmail.com> wrote:

It appears, inshallah, that I'll be Loch Salann for Defenders', and a
few days before and after.  In my never-ending quest to spread good
(and, insofar as possible, authentic) drumming, I'd like to get
together with Middle Eastern drummers, and do a little riq jamming and
teaching.  Maybe even a couple of times.

Would there be interest?  Where/when would be good places to line it
up?  I have four riqs of various types and quality I could loan,
though as always it's best to have your own tools.

Peace,
Jahan Isfahani (sometimes confused with Niccolo, tho we look nothing alike!)

PS:  Riq is a style of tambourine. Played well, and in all its varied
ways, it can be all the percussion a ME ensemble needs.  Ranwulf, one
of the SCA's drum gods, calls riq the workhorse of ME percussion.