[Artemisia] Judges Needed for Estrella A&S

Mineko Murai mineko.murai at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 12:59:25 CST 2011

Greetings from HL Raven Mayne, Kingdom Of Atenveldt Arts and Sciences
Minister, and Mistress Lijsbet vande Visschereye Laurel Representative to
the Outlands War Council
We have great news! We have a wonderful amount of entries this year for the
Estrella War 27 Arts and sciences Competition!
 Now for the not so good news- we are having a hard time finding Judges who
will be actually traveling to Estrella War This Year. We have called;
emailed, and talked to many face to face and majority of the ones we have
contacted are just not able to make it for any number of reasons. So we have
decided to make a call out to the world to have any that will be attending
Estella War, are very knowledgeable in any one of the Categories listed
below, and have experience judging to please contact either Mistress Lijsbet
munruhbays @ gmail .com (without the spaces, or myself at-asmin AT atenveldt
Dot org. Ideally we would love to have Judges from all over to lend a hand.
- Toys—Includes any item used by children in Western Europe during the SCA
time period. Entry may have several pieces but will all be used for the same
item (e.g. wooden blocks).
-Heraldic Banner, Flag or Standard – Single item may represent any group or
individual within the SCA and will be completed in fabric. Decoration may be
done by any medium documentable to the SCA time period. (ex., painting,
embroidery, appliqué). Heraldry should be based on registered SCA-specific
heraldry.
-Woven Textiles—Includes card weaving, tapestry weaving, and the production
of woven fabrics (e.g. brocade, damask, plain, satin, tapestry, twill,
etc.). Entry should be complete length of weave of something that is ready
to be sewn or otherwise completed.
Sincerely,