[Artemisia] Updated Raptor War Classes

ricki radford ricki_vee at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 5 18:11:33 CDT 2011

Here are a few additional class descriptions and information.
We will have sign - up sheets and updates posted at the gate.

If you still want to teach and do not see yourself on the list please contact me at
ricki_vee at yahoo.com

In service,
Baroness Jofrior Connersdattir, O.L.

Breaking the Rumor Mill
Saturday 10am
Duena Syeria Caminante & Maitress Tanglwyst de Holloway
How rumors happen and how to deal with the fallout, resolve conflict and when things can't be resovled.

Pin-weaving 11am
Mistress Antonia d‘Alessandria
A simple weaving class aimed at kids and adults who have never done any weaving and want to see what it is about. I am going to do a pin-woven book mark. Learn the basics of weaving while making a bookmark. Class is open to kids and adults (younger kids will need an adult helper). Class fee: $0.50. Size limit: 10.

Cheese Making class at Casa de Amistad 1pm
THL Susana de el Castillo
No cost, but bring small container for sample

Making Rosettes Class at Casa de Amistad 2 pm
THL Susana de el Castillo
No cost; like those featured at The Ball; we will be sampling
Demo how those "Rosettes" are made ( and eaten ).

Roman Herbs and Spices cooking class 3pm
THL Freydis the Good

Story-telling workshop 4pm
Lady Zianna de Leketio
A brief introduction of the art of story-telling, and then a few norse myths

"How to make Linstocks and Slowmatch" ( "Come on baby, light my fire!") 5pm
THL Xeno della Lama
Class describes the use and purpose of linstocks and slowmatch, gives period examples and we will make a slow in class.

STABLES
Equestrian Heavy Fighting and Jousting 3pm
His Grace Sir Alan Youngforest
Class will last 2 hours, no fees, no pre-requisites. The heavy mounted combat will be a demo, and explanation of the activity. Jousting will be explanation as well as demo, hopefully with participation. For the jousting, participants will need a helmet, gorget, demi-gauntlets, rigid body protection, plus whatever armor they wish in addition to the prior listings. If you have any SCA foam jousting equipment available please bring it. If anyone has questions they may contact His Grace prior to the event. dukealan at q.com

Mounted Crested Combat 4pm (May be combined with the Fighting and Jousting class)
THL Danielle Alavaine de Licorne and Duke Sir Konrad VonKrixen
~An hour class focused on equestrians interested in crested combat, starting with groundwork taught by Duke Konrad following with the opportunity to practice new skills/techniques on horseback.

Dog coursing TBD
THL Freydis the Good

YOUTH
Intro to Rapier class TBD