[Artemisia] Pennsic Volunteer oppertunity

Jeanne P / Casamira jeannecas at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 19:47:23 CDT 2011

Cross posting as requested.

--
Jeanne Panlener / Baroness Casamira Jawjalny, O.L., O.P., G.A.
Artemisian Minister of Arts & Sciences
The Pun is mightier than the Sword!

Greetings Good Gentles!

We are humbly seeking assistance at University Point for Pennsic 40.  Arts
and Sciences is booming this year and the need for volunteers is nothing
new!  Currently, Pennsic University has a number of service opportunities
available.  Shifts will last two hours and run from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
between August 3rd and August 12th.

Two people are needed for each shift.

There are two areas that need volunteers.

First, we need staff at University Point (formerly A&S Point).  This is a
desk job.  Many of you have already worked this position at previous
Pennsics and the duties will be substantially the same as they have been:
assisting students to find classes and answering questions.

Second, the Pennsic University Ambassadors also needs volunteers.
Ambassadors will rove around the University area and provide directions and
monitor classes to help meet instructor needs.   For more information
contact Countess Ceinwen (address below).

Some qualities that we are looking for in our staff are:
        *Kindness
                *Willingness to assist students/instructors in finding class
location
                *Answering general questions (you’ll learn a lot of the
answers as you volunteer)
                *Willingness to learn and direct to the appropriate chain of
command any possible problems that may arise

In addition, Ambassadors will also be

*Quiet ambulatory monitors to see if there are any needs/issues with
instructors/students during classes

* A ‘runner’ for necessary items both for instructors and University point

Shift supervisors are also needed.  If you think you’d like to be a
supervisor or volunteer at University Point, please contact Baroness Gwynnyd
(address below)   for more details.

If you can volunteer, please reply to this email. Please tell us in which
area (Point or Ambassadors - or both!) and, if possible, what specific
shifts you’d like to work.  Shifts are:
8:30 - 10:30
10:30 - 12:30
12:30 - 2:30
2:30 - 4:30

Sign up sheets will also be available at University Point starting Tuesday,
August 2.

We look forward to working with you at Pennsic.

On behalf  of the Pennsic University staff at Pennsic 40. Thank you so much
for volunteering!

Baroness Gwynnyd
gwynnyd at comcast.net
University Point