[Artemisia] Only two weeks to go!

Tammy Anderson tanderson1028 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 7 12:51:29 CDT 2011

My Lords and Ladies:

Castle Siege Post-Siege Revel is but two weeks hence! A fabulous event has been
planned for your enjoyment. The Rocky Creek Farm site opens at 12:00pm on Friday
with medieval games and combat matches open to all. The fighter who wins the
most matches over the course of the event will be awarded a $100 cash prize. A
special game has been created for the ladies who do not participate in fight to
win their own prize, and small prizes will be awarded for the winners of each
type of game. A chili dinner will be served on Friday night (no charge), a
torchlight tournament will be held, the winner of which will be "crowned" our
Revel King. Professional dancers will perform, and a bardic competition will be
held. Saturday morning breakfast is provided for those camping (no extra
charge), and games and combat matches will take place all day Saturday,
including a jousting match that is sure to end with great belly laughs. All are
encouraged to challenge our "King" for his crown by thumb-wrestling. Mistress
Tanglwyst will teach us dance and, after "court" on Saturday event, we will
feast ($10 per person) to live music and then dance the night away at the masked
ball. During the ball, kingdom brewers are encouraged to offer their concoctions
for a "Best in Show" cash prize. It promises to be a fun and hilarious time for
all.

Contact Autocrat Lady Tammy of SilverKeep with questions and meal reservations.
Friday night's dinner (my cooking) and Saturday morning's breakfast (catered)
will be provided at no extra cost (although tips and donations will be
gratefully accepted). Fees: adults: $13.00, children 5-15: $6.00, children under
5 are guests of the Shire. The family cap is $32.00. A $5.00 non-member
surcharge will apply. Day fees are $8.00 for adults and $4.00 for children 5 –
15. Please make checks payable to SCA Inc, Shire of SilverKeep. Feast Fees:
$10.00 per person. Reservations for feast must be made in advance, preferably as
soon as possible, but by no later than July 15, 2011. As this feast is being
professionally catered, I need a head count as soon as possible, and pre-payment
would be greatly appreciated.

Finally, please help me spread the word, particularly to those who are not
attending Baron's War. I promise your trip north will be well worth your travel
time and expense.

So excited I can hardly stand it,

Your humble Castle Siege autocrat,

Lady Tammy of SilverKeep