[Artemisia] Hellsgate July 15-17, Updated info!

Gene Mealey rapierfighter at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 12 18:03:34 CDT 2011

Greetings All!

A full, updated description of the event is posted below.  Additional information may be available at our website www.sentinelskeep.org

A few notes for Hellsgate:

For those wishing to remain on site during the dinner break we will be having a potluck bbq.  If you wish to partake, please bring something to share and your meat of choice to burn.  A grill will be provided.

There will also be a night clout shoot for the archers, proceeds to go towards a new Baronial Pavillion.  A small suggested donation is requested to participate.

Please pay close attention to the schedule of activities and their starting times - we try to hold very close to our schedule so if you want to participate try to be early!

We hope to see you there!

Hellsgate
– July 15-17

Barony
of Sentinels’ Keep

Site:  Fort Missoula – Missoula, MT

Greetings
All!

Once
again it comes time to stand forth united against the dreaded heat of
July!  Yes, it's that time of year again
– Hellsgate approaches!

Why
on earth would you stand forth with us brave few and declare to the heat that
it shall not defeat us?  Because once
again we shall have handy tools from the mists of legend to combat it – namely
the Known World's only known Dual Slip and Slide and the wet rock battles!  For those wishing to watch the carnage but
also remain cool, there will be an ice cream social, so that you may to stand
with us and help lick the heat!  Funds
generated from the social will go towards eventually purchasing the Barony a
new pavilion.

But
not all activities will be blessed with the coolness of water, for the heat
must also have it's due!  For those times
we will have our Archery Championship, the Baron's Archery Trick Shoot
Competition, and a full course of roasting under the sun in both rapier and
armored equipment!  Can you keep your
cool long enough to defeat your foes?
Come and find out!

We
will also be holding a polling of confidence to determine whether to allow
Baron Antoine to serve one more year as The Barony of Sentinels’ Keep
Territorial Baron.

The
schedule:

spare our archers and fighters the worst of the heat, the archery competitions
shall take place starting at 10am and shall end as close to 1pm as
possible, starting with the Championship.
The range will open at 9am.
Archers should be on site, signed up, and shooting practice rounds by
9:30am.

We
will then take a break mid-day at 1pm to beat the heat with the water
activities, Baronial Polling, and the ice cream social.   There will be a dinner break at 5pm.  That evening around 6:30pm we will have a
short court and then pick up with rapier and armored fighting starting approximately at 7pm
that we might enjoy fighting in the dusk.
We will also do a glow-stick clout shoot after dark! (let the fireworks
begin!)

Pray
heed!  With all the snow we were blessed
with this winter, the bugs shall likely be vicious, so bring what you need to
shield yourself and vanquish them!

Fees:  Site $8 Adults, $4 ages 5-15

Feast:  None, but cooking on site permitted &
restaurants are close by.

Camping:  Yes

Firepits:  Two central ones only.

Pets:  no

Water:  Yes

Site
is Wet after dusk.

Shade:  Some, but not a lot, it will be hot!

Smoking
in designated areas only.

Handicap
Accessible:  Mostly

Activities:  Archery Championships (Adult and Youth), Fun
Archery Shoots, Rapier, Armored, the only Dual Slip-n-Slide in the Known World,
Water Battles, Ice cream Social, & more!

Site
opens Friday at 6pm and closes by Sunday at 11am.  We must be off site Sunday at noon.

*Directions*

Site will once again be held at Fort Missoula; although this time we will be

camping on the lush green lawns of the museum itself.

Take best route to Missoula, MT

   1. Take Exit 101 off of Interstate 90,
head south on Reserve Street south

   toward Hamilton.

   2. After 4.6 miles turn Right on South
Avenue.

   3. In 0.8 Miles turn left on CCC
rd/Guardsman Ln.

   4. Welcome to Hell’s Gate

Signs will be posted.

Contact the Autocrats for further Information

Lady Onóra inghean uí Áodha

(Corrine Olson)

silverelizard at gmail.com

Ph:
406-207-7619 (6-9pm)

Baron
Antoine de Bueil

(Gene
Mealey)

rapierfighter at hotmail.com

Ph:  406-208-9585
(6-9pm)

Baron Antoine

"The fastest way to a man's heart is through his wrist..."

Thorian Thorsen

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence,
therefore, is not an act but a habit."
Aristotle

"The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend to be."

Socrates