[Artemisia] Castle Siege Post-Siege Revel - Final Announcement

Tammy Anderson tanderson1028 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 18 10:05:28 CDT 2011

Castle Siege Post-Siege Revel
Shire of SilverKeep
July 22 - 24, 2011

Greetings unto the populace of our great Kingdom of Artemisia!  The Shire of
SilverKeep would like to invite all the great and gentle nobles to attend the
Cast Siege Post-Siege Revel!  We are no longer besieged and wish to celebrate!
We have captured our enemies’ weapons and gold and wish to share it with our
cousins across the kingdom!
The site (Rocky Creek Farm) opens at noon, and the fun begins immediately with
armour inspections.  As we have relieved our proud enemy of his ill-gotten gold,
we will be offering a $100 prize purse for the fighter amassing the most wins
during the combat matches.  There will also be a special game for the ladies,
who must choose a lord (and his service) who will be her champion in claiming
the cash prize.  The winner of Friday night’s Torchlight Tournament will become
our “Revel King.”  “His Royal Madness” will choose a consort and preside over
the remainder of the event, unless, of course, someone can beat him at
thumb-wrestling during the Crown Challenges on Saturday.  There will be medieval
games, including but not limited to Gluckhaus, Fox and Geese, and Nine Men’s
Morris, medieval card games, and lawn games, such as bocce ball, croquet, and
tug-of-war.  A simple dinner will be served, bards will compete for a prize, and
dancers will entertain for the remainder of the evening.
Saturday will be a very full day, so rise early and join us for breakfast.  The
gaming tables will be open, as will the lawn games and combat matches.  Dance
classes will be taught as well.  The Jousting tournament and Equestrian events
will open; our ponies have been in storage all winter and in desperate need of
exercise (and dusting).  The tournament to name our Rapier Champion will be
held, as well as the Crown Challenges (all may challenge the Revel King for his
“Crown,” and the mock siege battle will begin.
Following “Court” and the awarding of the booty, a feast prepared by one of the
finest kitchens in the Shire will be served.  The menu includes salad, pot
roast, roasted potatoes and vegetables, bread, and apple crisp with whipped
cream.  M’Lord Robert, Scottish fiddler extraordinaire, will serenade during
feast.  After dinner, Maitresse Tanglwyst de Holloway and Lord Eadric
Hamersmithe will be on hand to run the Masked Ball, and a brewer’s contest will
be held.

The Rocky Creek Farm site (34297 Frontage Road, Bozeman, Montana 59715) will
open at 12:00 p.m. on Friday and closes at noon on Sunday.  We are just 10
minutes from Bozeman for last minute necessities.  The site is wet, but please
use period containers.  Pets are allowed; please be responsible.  Merchants are
most welcome!  Fires are allowed in above-ground pits only.
Finally, to raise funds for the Shire, the Sheriff will be on hand to lock up
troublesome revelers in the stocks.  You can pay him to put your favorite unruly
in the stocks, or perhaps you’ll have to bribe the Sheriff to keep you out of
the stocks.
Site Fees:  Adults: $13.00. Children 5-15: $6.00.  Children under 5 are guests
of the Shire. The Family Cap is $32.00.  A $5.00 non-member surcharge will
apply. Day fees are $8.00 for adults and $4.00 for children 5 – 15.  Please make
checks payable to SCA Inc, Shire of SilverKeep.  Friday night dinner and
Saturday morning breakfast are included in your site fees.
Feast Fees:  $10.00.  Only a few spots are left, so call me immediately
(406-539-0749).  For more information, please contact me at
tanderson1028 at yahoo.com.
Site Directions:  The site is Rocky Creek Farm.  Take your best route to
Bozeman, Montana and connect with I-90.  From the west, take Exit # 313 off I-90
(Bear Canyon Road).  Turn left at the stop sign off the exit.  Turn left again
(this is Frontage Road).  Travel 0.8 miles and turn right at Rocky Creek Farm,
following signs to the event area.  From the East:  Exit # 313 off I-90 (Bear
Canyon Road).  Turn left at the stop sign off the exit.  Turn left again (this
is Frontage Road).  Travel 0.8 miles and turn right at Rocky Creek Farm,
following signs to the event area.
Event/Feast Steward:        Lady Tammy of SilverKeep; Telephone:  (406)
539-0749; Email:  tanderson1028 at yahoo.com