[Artemisia] Musicians needed at Uprising!

Kristine Baum kbaum at jps.net
Wed Jun 1 13:33:15 CDT 2011

Here ye Musicians of Artemisia!   Please bring your instruments to Uprising War June 14-19 to make lovely music at the event.   We will be playing for the Queen's Tea, and at the Balls (probably not the Teen Prom Ball, tho..), and elsewhere if requested...   As the Barony of 1000 Eyes music "director", I will be having practices, (yes, more practicing...) so we can sound pleasing to thy ears.  Practice times will be listed on the  "Privy Posts", or find me at the A&S classes grand pavilion or at BOTE camp site for the practice times and place.  So that we all be playing the same songs in the same keys and arrangements, we will be using the same music that we played at Estrella War.  With her permission, Lady Jonete Malesoun of Atenveldt has the music listed on her website http://members.cox.net/lejon/sca/html, and the master list of the sheet music can be printed off from the master .pdf file.  (You will need Adobe Reader to download and print....)  The master file is about 44 pages of music.   Please bring battery operated clip-on booklights, if you have them.   We cannot always be sure we will have other light sources.  We need a violin player, guitar players, a drum player.  Recorder players and harpists are, of course, very welcome.  Tanglwyst and/or Eadric, please contact me off-list for the music lists you would like for the balls.  Thank you!  And practice, practice, practice!

YIS,
Helena Handbasket (and, yes I am...)
(Kristine Baum)