[Artemisia] Uprising Site Things

dukealan at q.com dukealan at q.com
Sat Jun 11 08:02:11 CDT 2011

Greetings All who will be traveling to Uprising,

A "heads-up" on a couple of things concerning the Uprising site.

First and foremost, because of the weather conditions, the grass has not been cut.  It's not as long as it was at the first Uprising at this site, but it's not a manicured lawn either.  Please add that into your camp set-up considerations.  If you want to cut any grass CONTACT ME FIRST!!!

The biggest damage to the site is caused by driving too fast on the grass.  People don't seem to grasp this:  when you drive on the grass you damage it.  When you drive fast you damage it badly.  So here's the deal:  Don't drive any faster than you can walk.  Seriously.

The castle wall walks are done and paved with urbanite, fighting there should be a hoot.  The urbanite wall that fell down has been repaired, fighting there should be fun as well.  We hope a good time will be had by all.

Looking forward to seeing many of you next week.  Contact me if you have problems.  The process this year has not been as smooth as I would have liked...in oh, so many ways.  But it will work out fine and we'll have a good time.

Alan