[Artemisia] dragons tear

fansca at aol.com fansca at aol.com
Mon Jun 27 23:03:04 CDT 2011

Cross post as necessary.    Dragons Tear  July 8, 9, 10  2011

Inthe dawning of our world, the last pair of dragons flew through skies ofsapphire blue. With their great ages onelanded to fall into his last sleep. Grief stricken for her loss, the last mighty Lady Dragon cried tearsuntil she as well passed for this world into myth and legend.

Intheir beauty and grace we gather every year to remember them. With honor, chivalry, selfless service andthe passing of knowledge, their memory lives on with the Shire of Stan Wyrms’Dragon’s Tear Event. We would be honoredto have you join us July 8th, 9th & 10th. Site will open noon Friday & closes 3pmSunday. This is a wet site in periodcontainers with above ground fire pits allowed according to the fire hazardrating for the area at the time. Alsobring swim gear since there is a small wading creek close on hand.

SquireGiovanni will run the Heavy Tourney as he steps down from carrying the ShiresBanner & the War hammer BAM. Whowill be next to carry the Honor of the Shire & let their story be added toBAM to be carried down through the ages. The Championship Tourney will be open for allun-belted fighters. We will also host aGrand Tourney Champion open to all fighters un-belted & belted. Our traditional prize of a sword can be wonFor the Shire Heavy Champion and a most valued prize for the Grand Champion.

Testyour skills in Archery as well and do us all proud. Last year we had a tie for the ArcheryChampion. With much skill it was decidedafter 8 rounds of the contestants staying equal between a crossbow &recurve. I would love to see that kindof skill shown once again this year. Aunique prize most valued by archer’s to be won.

LightFighters come one and all & show your lightning quick skills withblade. Show off your skills and gracefor all to see. A wonderful prize is upfor the best to win.

Anyonewho would like to teach a class is more than welcome. Please contact me so we can plan your class& how much time you are in need of.

Merchantsare more than welcome to come and share their wares with us. No Merchant feebut we do ask for a donation to be auctioned off during our Shire Auctiondirectly following feast. Please contactLady Sorcha, our Merchant Steward to ensure your merchant space.

And after our taste for knowledge, shopping & carnage has been slacked join us inthe Lodge for a grand feast. Feast capof 50.
Friday evening we will be hosting asoup kitchen
Saturday breakfast of breakfastburritos that you can assemble as you like
Lunch of soup, cold meats, cheese & sandwich makings
A wonderful Spanish themed GrandFeast
A Youth Grand Feast will also beavailable
Sunday morning foraging for all thefood we enjoyed over the weekend.

After feast join in the fun & laughter of our auction

Please  join us around the large fire pit aswe raise a joyful noise of singing & storytelling, dancing and drumming andwe even have materials to make s’mores for those craving chocolate.

SiteFees- Adults: $15.00, 14 & under: $10.00 for the two nights ofcamping. $5.00 Non-Member Surcharge will be collected for all Non-Members.
FeastFees- Adults: $15.00 for three days of meals, $10.00 for ages14-5, youth under five guests of the Shire.
FamilyCap is for Family of four or more is $100.00.
Saturdayday trippers – All ages: $7.00 site & $8.00feast, family of four or more cap of $60.00

Savingsto be had by Pre-paying: Adults: Meals and Site; $25.00 and Families of four ormore; $75.00 pre-paid for Meals and Site. Non-Member surcharges still apply.Please pre-pay by June 26th. Payments made payable to the Shire of Stan Wyrm, SCA Inc. at 215 1stAve N, PO Box 1233, Great Falls, MT, 59401.

Directions: If you are traveling north from Great Falls,Montana, continue out of town down 10th Ave S, which turns intoHighway 89/200. When you come to the Armington Junction turn righttowards Neiheart and travel down Highway 89 until just before Neiheart. Therewill be a bridge on your right hand side of the road with a sign saying S.C.Apointing in the direction you need to go. If you are coming from the south fromthe White Sulphur Springs direction you need to go north on Highway 89 continuethrough Neiheart and the bridge will be on the left with a S.C.A sign pointingto the direction you need to go. If you are traveling east going west throughStanford on Highway 87/200 west bound go to the Raynesford Junction andtake a left heading toward Monarch and continue on toward Neiheart just beforeNeiheart there will be a S.C.A sign on your right showing the way you need toturn and go. When anyone gets to this point, they need to go over the smallnarrow bridge. You need to continue to follow the dirt road until the end,staying to the left, the road WILL go all the way to camp with NO turn offs.The campsite is the last one on the road...
EventSteward: Lord Lochlain the Lost; dvdbl at yahoo.com406-355-4123

Co-EventSteward: Lord Martus Almasy

FeastSteward: Lord Morgan Lucktain; celtic_wolf07 at yahoo.com406-952-4350

MarshalContact: Lord Lochlain the Lost; dvdbl at yahoo.com406-355-4123