[Artemisia] OT - may or may not be useful information for event planners

Redhawk sca_redhawk at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 17 15:59:36 CDT 2011

This is very interesting and yes, I actually read the whole lengthy post.. Sorry
Your Excellency gotta rib ya.
ADA seems to make it clear the difference in pet, therapy and service dog.
This information is useful to SCA event Stewarts as well. I remember attending
your fiber fest (no dogs allowed) and a women packing or maybe it was in a
stroller or both, a dog she claimed was for therapy.
I have been around some folks who use dogs to tow their wheel chair. The
'service' dog was clearly marked with an orange harness and it even had an
official service dog wording on the harness. The dog also had jewelry on the
harness identifying it's service ability.
I'm glad you made the difference clear. I might have attended a event with my
horse since my attending doc says she is for physical therapy. Never know when I
might have to sit for a long while and have to go ride around the block. I can
see the looks as I lead her to the feast table. At least I won't nominate her
for council but then again, from the horses mouth...
Redhawk