[Artemisia] service animals at SCA events

Redhawk sca_redhawk at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 17 21:37:04 CDT 2011

much snipage..
I agree with you Morgan.  My dogs are companion dogs as well.  When I broke my
arm in many many pieces all of them wanted to lay on it to protect the arm.
While being confine to the recline for so many months my dogs all of them,
napped on me.  They knew.  When I could finally make it to the barn, even the
horses knew.  They were calmer and quieter.  I miss them terribly when I attend
events that are a no pets event.  Sometimes I'll bring a couple and leave them
in the car and go out and take them around the block.  Which is yet another
thing.. if folks do that, please bring bags to pick up your dogs' droppings so
we don't leave a mess for others to step in. The no pet thing at events, it
happens.  What gets me is at times folks will argue about this until a person
has a pounding headache and their eyes glaze over.  If a pet is clearly a
'service' animal, it really isn't a pet any more.  It is a 'working' dog. Leave
it alone.  Don't pet it or distract the dog from it's job.  Be respectfull when
a person knows the place they are going is a no pet site or event or what ever.
I'm wondering what happened to that word "Respect".  Most folks have it.  There
are some that can really blow it.
Redhawk