[Artemisia] thank you

Jenn Rhoades lady_flora at msn.com
Sat Mar 19 20:59:36 CDT 2011

The NCAA tournament is droning in the background, spaghetti and meatballs are simmering on the stove, and I have a couple of minutes for some LONG OVERDUE thank you's.

As my mind drifts back to Estrella War 2011 - well - it was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

To venture out on an event of such magnitude, with such HUGE responsibilities to King, Queen, and Kigdom, when I was JUST BARELY over Swine Flu (H2N3) was probably my first mistake.  But I think that no one who bought into our kitchen went hungry, so I call it a "win."

HOWEVER, it would NOT have happened with out a few people who REALLY stand out as going above and beyond the helping hand stage.

First of all, thank you to Mani, Henna Grrrrrrrl #2, for being with us from the gitgo and until the last dead dog.  Mani, you were AWESOME!

Thank you to Santala!  As soon as you showed up on site and got settled in, you  were there for us!  The dinners we fixed WOULD NOT have happened without you.

Thank you to Shane (Her Excellency's new son-in-law.)  Your "can-do" attitude and tireless efforts to keep the kitchen functional will never be forgotten!  Thank you thank you thank you!  and best of luck in your military endeavors.  Come back home to us, safe and sound, and thank you for your service.

To Baron Ulrich and Baroness Rachel - wow.  You absolutely define "Pelican."  When I was finally diagnosed with pneumonia, there you were, serving up beef stroganoff and borstch, making eggs, frying bacon, serving sandwiches, tightening ropes, bringing me comfort and reassurance, and tequila).......the list goes on and on.  But the most IMPORTANT thing is that you did ALL of this with a smiles and open hearts.  THANK YOU!

To Seamish and Caz and Allegretza and Cathryn Anne for getting up at the crack of dawn and making sure everyone got a hot and nutritious breakfast, in spite of my inability to get out of bed.  No wonder, Seamish, you got that AoA!  You are certainly deserving of the honor!

To all of the beautiful young women who walked Minuet and Pelinore and made sure they were cleaned up after.

To Helena Handbasket for and Aldgyth for the music.

To Aldgyth for helping us set up AND tear down and for your patient "ahems" when our public health practices were marginal.  Thank you for keeping us on our toes.

To Tal for the Mimosa - exactly when I needed it!

To Vigabrand for CONSTANTLY making sure we had water to work with and no gray water to get in the way of the kitchen..

To Demar for all the dishes you did, quietly and without fanfare.

To Mate' for being there for us, every time we needed you!  And congrats on your AoA!  You deserve it.

To TRM Timmur and Saige for their confidence in us and for the opportunity to serve.

To ALL of the WONDERFUL people of Artemisia - THANK YOU!  It would not have happened without you.

Lord Aghren and I have recovered nicely (FINALLY!) and are looking forward to the next time someone says "...you're going to have a kitchen set up there, aren't you?!?!?!"

We love you, Artemisia!

As ever,
In service to our shared dream,
Flora and Aggie