[Artemisia] Looking for a Helm maker

Gene Smith grvsmith at wyoming.com
Mon Mar 28 13:22:26 CDT 2011

Greetings!

After a bit of agonizing and hemming and hawing, I have been able to convince
my fair wife that I am not abnormally insane and can begin to reassemble a harness
for fighting!  (yay!)

Doing a bit of surfing for what "could" fit in with what I presently have, I have found
reference to the "Deurne" Roman Cavalry Helm that was found in Holland.

It appears to have been used in the 4th century.

Would anyone out there know anyone interested in making such a helm for SCA combat ?
(I don't want a pretty brass one for the shelf...so steel is more what I am looking for....)

Frideger