[Artemisia] Must Be the Weather

Dawn Tavares dtavares1 at hotmail.com
Wed May 4 13:32:21 CDT 2011

> Climate wise we're about a month off, so I suspect everyone is still
> thinking it's April. I know Mother Nature is....

Same down here. I'm still knitting because it just doesn't feel right to be sewing summer clothes.

Would the Uprising residents please advise on whether I should pack more woolies for this year's event?

An anecdote for Mstrs. Juliana and other gardeners:

Usually I can give cut roses from my garden for Mother’s Day. Two years ago the spring was so wet that I didn’t have any opening buds, so I gave Mom plenty of irises instead. Last year the weather was warm early enough to blossom and end the tulips, but later it was too cold for even irises to bloom...so I didn’t have any flowers Mom at all. :(

This year spring has been so cold that I’m getting neither rosebuds nor iris spaths by now -- but the tulips are still in flower. While I’m glad I can give Mom a bouquet, I’m growing more and more concerned about the price of fruits and vegetables this growing season.

Aurora