[Artemisia] Arabian Nights--Important!

Karina Tucker tuckerka at hotmail.com
Mon May 9 11:57:20 CDT 2011

Weather got you down? Want to escape to somewhere warmer? Come to Moab!
The weather report calls for clear skies, highs in the upper 80s, and lows in the upper 50s. Perfect event weather!

Arabian Nights, May 13–15

A few updates regarding this awesome event

A New Site:
Yes, we have moved to a new site this year. Yes, the old site was pretty good, but the new site offers us many advantages: less expensive, private land, trees, stream, private land, in a beautiful canyon, and it's private land. Why the big deal about private land? No ATVs, no 2 am mundane drunks, and a lot less modern traffic. And we get a hafla cave!

A few comments on the new site:
Stream: There is a creek on site. Wading is permitted, but children must be supervised. Also, don't drink the creek water. Water: There is no potable water on site. The Province will be providing water for drinking and cooking, but please feel free to bring your own. Cell Phones: Because it is in a canyon, the site has limited and intermittent cell phone coverage.

Meal Plan:
Don't want to haul all your kitchen gear to Moab? Lighten your load, leave the kitchen home! We are pleased to once again offer you the opportunity to buy into the Province Meal Plan. For just $20, we will feed you all weekend. Email the fantastic Lady Oriana at harpergrl at gmail.com to sign up. Also, we are very accommodating with dietary restrictions. Contact Oriana with questions.

Activities:
All the usual activities will take place: armored melees, rapier, archery, thrown weapons, really awesome kids stuff, hafla, etc.

Thank you to all those who plan to make the pilgrimage!

See you all there,

Kadrina, Seneschal of Arrows Flight, the Province of Awesome

http://www.arrows-flight.org/arabiannights.htm