[Artemisia] An Invitation

Jason Mohler darkside at bresnan.net
Mon May 16 15:54:56 CDT 2011

Please forgive the cross-post.

Unto the Populous of Artemisia and Fencers of the Known World does Lord
Matheus de Petyn send Greetings

In the summer of A.S. XXVI, I began my exploration of the wondrous Art of
Fence within our great Society under the tutelage of Lord Christian la
Sable. Over the intervening decades, my love for the art has grown, and with
it my desire to spread the knowledge to all those who would listen. I have
learned, I have led, and I have taught.

Throughout the years, I have served as Knight Marshal, Chronicler, and
Rapier Marshal. I have served as event steward and run far too many
tournaments to remember. Likewise, I have won countless tournaments, proving
myself Champion to both Shire and Lady. I have hosted numerous classes and
taken over a score of students. Among these former students can be found a
Knight, a Baron and a Defender of the White Scarf.

And now, as A.S. XLVI rapidly approaches, I find myself wishing to celebrate
my twenty years of fencing within the Society. Therefore, I, Lord Matheus de
Petyn from the Shire of Castelleone Nuovo invite all comers to join me on
the List Fields of Uprising as I fight a Prize to commemorate this great
anniversary on June 16th, Anno Societatis XLVI, being the year 2011 in the
common era, in the Barony of One Thousand Eyes in the Kingdom of Artemisia.