[Artemisia] iron making again at Uprising!

Cat Clark cat at rocks4brains.com
Thu May 19 17:43:29 CDT 2011

Making Iron at Uprising

Starting on Wednesday and finishing on Friday, Baronin Therasia
von Tux from Ansteorra, HL Ariadne Flaxenhair from Aethelmearc,
Viscount Wicked Uncle Bill, Queen of Cobb Baroness Juliana nic
Lachlainn, and many others of the ever growing company of crazy
people who like to make iron will once again be engaged in a three
day effort to ONCE AGAIN make wrought iron at Uprising this year.
This year's iron making project will be in the same place as last year:
in the corral in back of the white farm house (i.e., in the fenced area
behind the house, in southeast corner of the site, over by the canal).
Pyromaniacs and other volunteers are welcome to drop by any time
during the day on all three days. We don't set up a firm schedule
because when you're playing with this much fire, that's a bit hard,
but we believe we'll be doing site and material prep starting Wednesday
and likely running two to three iron bloomeries plus forge-refining the
blooms into wrought iron on Friday.   Even if you can't help out,
spectators are welcome.  Please check with us at the bloomery
area and/or at the A&S desk for better details on the days we're
actually doing the iron making.  Thanks!  Come visit us!