[Artemisia] Strong Tents

morgan wolf morganblaidddu at yahoo.com
Wed May 25 12:03:28 CDT 2011

----- Original Message ----

Ah, my apologies, you are still at step 3, I thought you were at step 6 or so.
As you have seen, there are many folk on this list with the knowledge and
experience to assist you, my best advice at this point is to pick one or two
people whose opinion(s) you trust, and continue this discussion with them
privately, to ensure no one not interested in the conversation is irritated by
it's "cluttering" of their inbox (and my apologies to any who feel we/I have
passed that point already).

Having said that, IME now that you have determined budget and desired grammar
(past tents, present tense, etc., ha ha), you need to determine the
following:  How many people will be occupying said tent; how much space each
person needs (armor, garb, inflatable queen bed vs. army cot, etc.); what/how
much camp furniture will you need tent space for; how much storage space you
have available for it at home; how much cargo space you have for transport; how
many people you will *definitely* have on hand for set-up; relative strength and
height of each of the definite set-up crew; and how often you will be
arriving on-site late at night (i.e. how easy is it to set-up at midnight vs
sleeping in the car).  Once you answer all of those, you'll have a pretty good
idea what kind of pavillion you are looking for.

 I would be happy to advise you further if you wish, and I will be at Quest on
Saturday if you wish to discuss it more in-person.
 Morgan

Baron Morgan Blaidd Du,
GHA(2), CQC, PCA, CCH;
Protege and Ghillie to Baron Master James Ulrich MacKellar, OL OP;
and Baroness Mistress Rachel Ashton, OP